Monday, November 26, 2007

boy am I stupid...

I may have just done one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life. And I've done some pretty stupid things in my life.

After hosting a talk show for 2 hours I closed the show by calling myself the wrong name. I began thanking everyone who had called into the show, all the regular members in studio and our board engineer.

Then it happened.

"I am (wrong name) , good night everybody."

I could have gone on a tangent of obscenities that would have made a Carolina marching band member blush, but no. I said the wrong name.

I didn't immediately realize what I had done, but the other guy in studio with me and the tape of the show back it up. It should be noted that all recordings of the show have now been destroyed, despite requests from others.

I don't know why I did it. It should also be noted that I've been under a lot of stress the past few days and got only a third as much sleep during the Thanksgiving break as I wanted to.

I can only imagine what next week will be like. The first line of the show will be something to the extent of "he don't even know his own name," or something like that.

In 30 years if I'm still in the radio business, I know that nobody will think anything about it. But in 30 years, I'll remember this night.

If I was taking a test, I would have just lost 5 points for not putting my name on the paper.

Please, oh please let nobody have listened to this show tonight.

For everybody who called in, our regular panelists, and our board engineer, I'm Robbie Mays. Good night everybody.

No comments: