Friday, July 17, 2009

2008 Camden Football Archive

For the last two days after I've returned from my "vacation" I've been listening to the 2008 KOOL 102.7/StarTime 1590 archive of Camden High Bulldog Football. This is fun. It's awesome to go back and relive the excitement of high school football. For me, 2008 was my first at the play-by-play spot for CHS Football and I'm amazed at how I've grown in the role over the last 12 months.

I've had a lot of experience calling games during the calendar year 2009. I was on the call for both of Camden's state championship runs in boys basketball and baseball. Through my experiences with that, and observing how professional broadcast crews work, I feel that the 2009 high school football season will be awesome.

I started the trek back to the past listening to the Camden-Hartsville game, my first official appearance as the Voice of the Bulldogs. It's amazing how I've changed the way I announce. I'm now more experienced with what to do in certain situations. I enjoyed reliving the calls of the touchdowns- the triumphs; and all the memories from a year ago.

The fall is a magical time of year for me. Football is starting up, NASCAR is in the Chase for the Sprint Cup part of their season, and the Gamecocks... well they are the Gamecocks. I enjoy the fall more than any other time of the year (sans the weeks leading up to the Daytona 500.)

I'm looking forward to being on the call for another season of CHS Football- the 115th season of CHS football I mind you. The preparation for the game: doing depth charts, memorizing names, and working on the pre-game show are just some of the things I'll be doing over the next four months.

Aside from the on-air stuff, I get to hang out in the pressbox for junior varsity and 9th grade football, and I'll be calling at least three middle school games this year.

The fall will be packed with excitement week in and week out. Despite the strain it puts on my relationships with friends and family, it really is a fun time of year and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: